iOS application development modal request permissions same as android permissions modal, In iOS react native project if app developer needs to access any type of personal data from application user then he need to add the permissions in react native’s iOS project Info.plist file. This file is the base of iOS project and every iOS development project folder contain this file, This file contain all the useful information about iOS project. So in this tutorial we would going to Request Add Permissions in React Native iOS Project in Info.plist file using Xcode in MAC. Using this tutorial you can easily add any permission in your react native iOS project.
List of permissions you need to request manually :
- Bluetooth Sharing
- Media Library
- Speech Recognition
- TV Provider
Contents in this project Request Add Permissions in React Native iOS Project in Info.plist file using Xcode in MAC.
Note: Before getting started make sure you have latest version of Xcode installed in your MAC.
1. Open your react native project folder.
2. Open the iOS folder inside the react native project folder.
3. Open YourProjectName.xcodeproj file using Xcode.
4. Using this file your complete react native iOS project will open in the Xcode. Now on the left side panel you’ll see a file named as info.plist , double click on the info.plist file to open this file in Xcode.
5. After opening the info.plist file you will see a small plus(+) button icon in front of Information property list, This icon is used to add permission in your project . So for showing you we are adding the Camera permission in this project. So click on the + button icon.
6. After clicking on the +(Button) you will see list of all permissions available in iOS , so choose the permission you wish to add in your project , i am adding the camera permission.
7. After adding the permission you need to enter some information text about permission so you will remember in the future what is the purpose of this permission . So click on the empty area in front of permission and add some text.